Basements are very vulnerable to moisture and leakages, which can cause problems like dampness and flooding. Today, people want to utilize their basements productively and ensure the room is comfortable for regular use. Comprehensive basement waterproofing will make sure that it’s warm and dry at all times.
Mike Langley Excavating provides excellent and thorough basement waterproofing services in Bloomington, Unionville, Clear Creek, Ellettsville, Martinsville, Harrodsburg, and in Spencer, Nashville, Bedford, and Monrovia. You can trust them to address the matter to your satisfaction
Why Does a Basement Leak?A major part of your basement is under the grade and isn’t exposed to sunlight and air. The rate of water evaporation is very low, so moisture and water tend to linger longer than they normally would. Here are some reasons why your basement needs waterproofing:
- The soil that surrounds your basement wall will soak up water like a sponge. If your wall has any vulnerability, the moisture and water would enter your basement. Water can get into the smallest crack and widen it.
- If your roof doesn’t have good drainage, the water would flow down the siding and fall directly on the foundation wall and the surrounding areas. That won’t just increase hydrostatic pressure, but it would also cause basement flooding
What are the Common Basement Waterproofing Techniques?Even if you don’t have any leak problems in your basement, you should consider waterproofing as a preventive measure. If you store expensive entertainment equipment there, you don’t want to risk basement floods and leaks. Here are some common waterproofing techniques used by professionals:
- Waterproofing Primer – This is the easiest and most common way to waterproof the basement foundation wall. It’s effective to a certain extent, but it wouldn’t give you the complete protection against dampness and wet basements. This is just a temporary solution to these problems; so you need to call in the professionals as soon as you can.
- Injections – This is also a common waterproofing technique and is considerably effective. The cracks in the basement walls are filled with epoxy or polyurethane compound that forms a tight seal. Once the crack is filled, the moisture wouldn’t slip through. This is great for small cracks.
- Exterior Waterproofing – This is the most comprehensive and effective basement waterproofing solution. Once the system is in place, it will consistently keep water away from your property continuously. A contractor would install a 6 to 8-foot trench around the foundation and install French drains to drain the water before it has the chance to reach your foundation wall.
- Interior Waterproofing – This is a more affordable alternative to exterior waterproofing as the drains are installed inside the basement rather than outside it. These drains are placed close to the wall and will take all the water and direct it away from your property. This solution works well with sump pumps so if that fits into your budget, install it.
We Provide Services to the Following Cities and Towns in IN: